Visit World Heritage Site Itsukushima Shrine & Learn More About Oyster Harvesting!
- Duration: 40 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Hatsukaichi, Hiroshima
- Product code: EN-HSM-4014-40143
【Outline】Calling all oyster lovers!! Go on a boat of oyster fishermen and visit the large shrine gate of World Heritage site Itsukushima Shrine by sea. You will have the chance to take commemorative photos with the oyster fishermen to share with your friends back home! Also enjoy the optional all-you-can-eat freshly-fried oysters, the specialty of Hiroshima! (Limited to November until May）
- Visit World Heritage site Itsukushima Shrine by the sea!
- Observe the landscape where oysters, the specialty of Hiroshima, are cultivated just near the World Heritage site.
- Take commemorative photos with Hiroshima's fishermen with a World Heritage site as your background!
- After visiting Itsukushima Shrine and the oyster farm, indulge yourself with all-you-can-eat freshly harvested famous oysters. (Available from November to May, with additional charge at the venue.)
Arrival→Go aboard→Oyster raft tour→Visit World Heritage site Itsukushima Shrine→Leave the ship (Time: Around 40 min. ~ 1 hour 30 min.)→Meal→End
【Details】Visit the World Heritage site Itsukushima Shrine by boat! You will be guided by local fishermen, who will be cultivating Hiroshima's specialty: oysters. These local fishermen work near the World Heritage site every day and will guide you to Itsukushima Shrine. During high tide it's possible to pass through the shrine gate by boat.
You will also witness an oyster raft. How are oysters cultivated? You'll learn from he local fisherman! Please let the staff know if you want to take your time looking around. According to your requests it's possible to stop, go around and take pictures so that you can enjoy your very own tour. After the tour has ended, since you've been guided by fishermen, you can enjoy all-you-can-eat oysters. (Limited option from November until May.) It's a plan that comes with free charcoal, which is normally 400 yen, and the privilege of having reserved seats at a restaurant that is usually packed. Enjoy this special experience that will make your trip to Hiroshima a special memory!
The great shrine gate of Itsukushima Shrine has been under renovation since June 2019. There is a possibility that can not be seen like normal. Thank you for your understanding.
【Things to note】
- Time：40 min./1 person
- Meeting point ：Shimada Suisan
1-2-6 Miyajimaguchi Nishi, Hatsukaichi, Hiroshima 739-0412
【From Hiroshima station】
１. Take the Sanyo Main Line from JR Hiroshima Station and get off at JR Miyajimaguchi station. （Around 30 min.）
Or take the Hiroshima Electric Railway from Hiroshima Station and get off at Hiroshima Railway Miyajimaguchi station. （Around 1 hour）
２. Walk along Japan national route 2 from Miyajimaguchi Station towards Yamaguchi. It's a 10-minute walk.
【From Miyajimaguchi station】
It's a 10-minute walk. Or about the 3-minute ride by taxi.
【From Miyajima ferry terminal】
It's a 10-minute walk.
- Minimum number of participants：2 people
- Language support ： Japanese
- Participation requirements ：6 years and over
- Additional Notes
・The boat used for this tour does not have a cabin and a roof, so please dress warmly.
・The boat does not have a restroom, so please make sure you relieve yourself before boarding the boat.
・Please arrive at Shimada Suisan 10 minutes before the boat leaves. If you arrive late for the departure time, your reservation will be counted as a cancellation on the day of the tour.
・Please note in advance that the tour might be canceled because of the weather or other circumstances.
- Options：All-you-can-eat oysters (From November until May) (Free charcoal and seat reservation service)
Up to 24 hours before the start of the tour: 0%
Within 24 hours of the start of the tour: 100%
※Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling charges.