Asakusa Kimono Rental Plan - Choose From a Variety of Beautiful Kimonos
- Duration: 30 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Taitou-ku, Tokyo
- Product code: EN-TKO-1054-10543
Enjoy strolling around Asakusa wearing a traditional Japanese kimono. There are many sizes of kimono for children and adults, rich in design variation. You can choose a kimono that suits your taste. Authentic props and backdrops can be used to make your pictures full of Japanese atmosphere are also available (additional fees apply).
- Choose from a wide range of kimonos, rich in design variations, ranging from classic to modern.
- Professionals will dress you in kimono and even put your hair in a simple arrangement.
- Nothing to prepare, just bring yourself!
- Feel free to leave your luggage with us while you explore Asakusa hassle-free.
Check-in→Choose a kimono→Get dressed・Hair arrangement→Explore→Return to the shop
This plan enables you to walk around Asakusa wearing your favorite kimono.
Start with choosing your kimono. There are many kimonos rich in design variations ranging from classical to modern. Seasonal kimonos for winter, summer, and yukata (a light cotton kimono) are also available. Our program is available all through the year. Qualified staff will recommend the best kimono for you according to the season.
After you choose your design, you will get dressed and have your hair set. You do not need to prepare or bring anything as we have everything ready. Leave your luggage at the shop free of charge so you can fully enjoy exploring Asakusa.
You can enjoy taking photos in the attached photo studio before going out (additional fees apply).
After having a fun walk in Asakusa, please come back to the shop before 17:00 on the same day.
Upon returning the kimono, your experience will end.
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Time：20 to 30 minutes (for dressing)
※Please come at least 10 minutes before your reservation time. If you are late, it may be difficult to join the program. If you are significantly late for your reservation it will be marked as a no-show.
- Meeting point： JIDAIYA Meijikan [MAP]
2-3-5, Kaminarimon, Taito-ku, Tokyo 111-0034
・A 1-minute walk from the Thunder Gate of Sensoji Temple
・A 1-minute walk from Exit A4 of Asakusa Station on Toei Asakusa Line/Tokyo Metro Ginza Line
・A 3-minute walk from Exit 2 on Tokyo Metro Ginza Line
- Minimum number of participants：2 persons
- Language support：English, Japanese
- Included ：Underwear (HEATTECK, or something warm for winter), tabi socks, undergarment for kimono, kimono, obi belt, obiage sash, sash clip, hair setting, hair ornament, pouch, sandals, coat (fall to winter), shawl (fall to winter)
- Excluded ：If you would like photography in the Japanese studio, please choose the option at the time of reservation.
- Participation requirements：
- Adult price: Approx. 140 cm tall and over to wear kimono for an adult
- Child price: Shorter than approx. 140 cm to wear kimono for a child.
- During summer, yukata (light cotton kimono) is rented.
- Special support：Wheelchair and stroller accessible. *For a wheelchair user, please contact us in advance.
- Free Wi-Fi：×
- Toilet：〇 (Western-style)
- Other things to note：
・If you should come late, the time may be shortened or canceled. Please come in early.
・If there is a party of 7 people or less, there is a possibility of sharing seats with other guests.
・If you would like to charter a program, please click on "BOOK NOW" and select from the options page below.
・If there is a party of 8 people or more, the program will be automatically chartered for your group.
・The kimono waiting room is basically shared with other customers.
・Please return the kimono rental by 17:00 on the day.
【Health and safety measures】・Face masks required for travelers in public areas
・Face masks required for guides in public areas
・Face masks provided for travelers as needed
・Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
・Social distancing enforced throughout the experience
・Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
・Gear/equipment sanitized between uses
・Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
・Guides required to regularly wash hands
・Regular temperature checks for staff
・Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
・Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
・Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
・Contactless ticket redemption
【CANCELLATION POLICY】7 to 4 days before the tour date 40% of the tour price
3 to 2 days before the tour date 60% of the tour price
The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling charges.