Enjoy Shiogama's Local Specialties: Sasa Kamaboko and Seafood Curry!
- Duración: 75 Minutos (aproximadamente)
- Ubicación: Shiogama-shi,, Miyagi
- Código de producto: EN-MYG-7104-71040
This plan offers a guided tour of Takeda No Sasa Kamaboko Factory, a factory producing Shiogama's local specialty: sasa kamaboko. While there, you can broil and taste your own sasa kamaboko. For lunch, please enjoy seafood curry and rice, called Shiogama Kaiho Curry and based on a recipe from the Regional Coast Guard Headquarters. This plan may be enjoyed by those who do not eat raw fish, too. There is a free and comfortable transportation service between Hon-Shiogama Station or Marine Gate Shiogama (Shiogama Port) and Takeda No Sasa Kamaboko Factory.
- This plan provides free and comfortable transportation service.
- This is a rare chance to see how kamaboko is made using a traditional stone mill.
- Broil and taste delicious sasa kamaboko!
- Enjoy Minato Shiogama kaiho curry based on a recipe from the Regional Coast Guard Headquarters, available only here in Shiogama!
Meet up at JR Hon-Shiogama Station or Marine Gate Shiogama (Staff with a signboard will be waiting for you) →Takeda No Sasa Kamaboko Main Factory by shuttle car→factory visit→Sasa Kamaboko broiling experience→Lunch (Minato Shiogama Kaiho Curry)→Hon-Shiogama Station or Marine Gate Shiogama by shuttle car
Sasa kamaboko is a regional specialty from Shiogama, Miyagi Prefecture made of processed white fish and formed in the shape of bamboo leaves. You will be able see the process of making sasa kamaboko through the windows of the factory. Please take a look at how sasa kamaboko is made by the experienced staff, combining skill and intuition with traditional processes. After visiting the factory, you will broil sasa kamaboko on a skewer to your liking and taste it. The process is easy, so even children may participate. Freshly broiled sasa kamaboko is a delicacy in these areas!
For lunch, you may enjoy Minato Shiogama kaiho curry. This seafood curry is based on a recipe handed down by chief cooks on the local Coast Guard ship.
Free transportation between Hon-Shiogama Station or Marine Gate Shiogama and Takeda No Sasa Kamaboko Factory is offered, which will save you time and transportation expenses.
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Time：75 minutes
- Meeting point：JR Hon-Shiogama Station or Marine Gate Shiogama
・JR Hon-Shiogama Station
15-1, Kaigan-dori, Shiogama-shi, Miyagi-ken Click here for map
・Marine Gate Shiogama (Shiogama Port)
1-4-1, Minatomachi, Shiogama-shi, Miyagi-ken Click here for map
It takes about 30 minutes from JR Sendai Station to Hon-Shiogama Station
・By pleasure boat
It takes about 50 minutes from Matsushima Kaigan to Marine Gate Shiogama
- Language support： Japanese, minimal English
- Included：Shuttle car service, Sasa Kamaboko broiling experience, lunch
- Special arrangement：Stroller accessible. Chair for infant and baggage-keeping service are available.
- Free Wi-Fi：Yes
- Other things to note：
Please bring mobile or paper voucher with you for confirmation at the destination.
7 to 4 days before the tour date 40% of the tour price
3 to 2 days before the tour date 60% of the tour price
The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be
incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling charges.