Dacha (Russian Villa) in Hakodate: Making Baked "Pirozhki" at a Rustic House Café
- Duración: 120 Minutos (aproximadamente)
- Ubicación: Hakodate, Hokkaido
- Código de producto: EN-HKD-5022-50221
Hakodate, which has been developed as a settlement for people from different countries, is a hub of various cultures.
This is where Japan's first Russian consulate is founded. Why don't you try making "Hakodate Baked Pirozhki" created by Russian culture and Japanese ingredients?
- Cooking experience at a café loved by the local community as a space of relaxation
- Making traditional dishes from Russia with the original recipes from the café
- Friendly and careful lecture for beginners to join with ease
- A stylish café made from a renovated old house of 80 years
- A good location for going sightseeing in Hakodate before and after the experience
Visit the café → Explanation of pirozhki → Cooking pirozhki, fermentation → Cooking borscht and salad → Enjoy meals and chatting → End of the activity
You can experience an authentic cooking experience of baking pirozhki in Hakodate, where the cultures of Russia and Japan have mixed. The workshop is held at a café made from a renovated old Japanese house, which has been sharing a new food culture.
The first Russian consulate in Japan was established in Hakodate in 1858, and people fascinated by Russian food culture began to spread Russian dishes newly arranged using local ingredients.
Pirozhki, a stuffed bread you will cook in this experience, is popular in Japan. Deep-frying is a common cooking method in other areas of Japan, but the traditional oven-baked cooking is still in use here in Hakodate.
After you come to the café, the staff will give you a simple explanation. The ingredients and seasonings are already prepared neatly, just like paints on a pallet. You will mix the ingredients with a spoon as you like, and make a few kinds of fillings. Wrap the fillings with dough and let them rest. While the dough is fermenting, let's cook borscht and salad to complete a full set of Russian home cooking.
The original recipe includes unique ingredients from Hakodate, such as Ezo-shika (Hokkaido deer) and Ezo-maitake mushroom, and is dedicated to the authentic cooking. The flavor has been enjoyed by not only Japanese tourists but also international students from Russia, the home of the dishes.
Let's try Hakodate's specialty cuisine that has nurtured the original culture, as the settlement of people from all over the world.
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Time：120 minutes
- Meeting point：Marutama Goya [MAP]
2-3 Motomachi, Hakodate-shi, Hokkaido 040-0054
A 10-minute walk from "Jujigai" station on Hakodate City Tram Route 2 or 5.
A 2-minute walk from Sanroku Mt. Hakodate Ropeway "Sanroku" station"
- Language support：English, French, Russian, and Japanese
- Included ：Everything necessary for the workshop
- Excluded：Expense not included in the experience such as food, drinks, and personal expense
- Free Wi-Fi ：× (Free Wi-Fi available at Mt. Hakodate Ropeway near Marutama Goya)
7 to 4 days before the tour date 40% of the tour price
3 to 2 days before the tour date 60% of the tour price
The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling charges.