Dacha (Russian Villa) in Hakodate: Strolling around the Hidden Spots in Town with the Owner of the Rustic House Café
- Duration: 120 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Hakodate, Hokkaido
- Product code: EN-HKD-5022-50222
Hakodate, which has been developed as a settlement for people from different countries, is a hub of various cultures.
This tour visits the exotic townscape that shows a blend of Japanese and foreign cultures as well as food culture inherited in this town for generations.
- Hosted by the café loved by the local community as a space of relaxation
- You are shown to little-known but good spots not listed on the guide books!
- Fun and safe tour with a friendly tour guide
- Appreciate cuisine related to the town's history (optional)
- A good location for going sightseeing in Hakodate before and after the tour
(Recommended route) Marutama Goya → Mizumoto Park → Hakodate St. John's Church (former Russian hospital) → Chacha Nobori slope → Hakodate Orthodox Church → Visit some architecture inspired by Vladivostok in a combination of Japanese and Western-styles → Old Public Hall of Hakodate Ward → Former British Consulate of Hakodate → Gotoken → Hakodate Carl Raymon (former residence of Shvets the Russian furrier) → Higashi Hongan-ji Temple → the Catholic church → Marutama Square (Rinzo Mamiya is said to have stayed in the house) → Receive a gift and wrap up!
Join the tour to learn the stories about food In Hakodate, where cultures from all over the world have mixed with the Japanese culture. The tour is led by the owner of a rustic house café, creatively sharing the charms of the city.
Hakodate was defined as a foreign trade zone from 1858 to 1899, and the cultures of respective countries were brought by the settlers to the area. The foreign cultures were mixed together in Hakodate to create an exotic city, which especially helped to develop a diverse food culture.
In this tour, you will visit precious buildings and places, founded in the 19th century, with the owner of the local Russian café. She will tell you all about the local food culture necessary to understand the history of Hakodate.
You can broaden your knowledge, not only by seeing or listening.
If you taste the meal that is related to the food culture of Hakodate at the cozy café before the tour, you may be able to feel a sense of unity to the mood of the city. (optional)
Enjoy the city walk tour through the five senses, and make unforgettable memories of your visit.
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Time：120 minutes
- Meeting point：Marutama Goya [MAP]
2-3 Motomachi, Hakodate-shi, Hokkaido 040-0054
A 10-minute walk from "Jujigai" station on Hakodate City Tram Route 2 or 5.
A 2-minute walk from Sanroku Mt. Hakodate Ropeway "Sanroku" station"
- Minimum number of participants：2 people
- Language support：English, French, Russian, and Japanese
- Included ：Everything necessary for the experience
- Excluded：Personal expense not included in the experience, a plated dish related to the history of Hakodate and Russia (optional)
- Free Wi-Fi ：× (Free Wi-Fi available at Mt. Hakodate Ropeway near Marutama Goya)
7 to 4 days before the tour date 40% of the tour price
3 to 2 days before the tour date 60% of the tour price
The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling charges.