Private transportation from Shinjuku! Ninja experience in Samurai House
- Duration: 450 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Hinode-machi, Nishitama-gun, Tokyo
- Product code: EN-TKO-1042-10425
Fom Shinjuku, we will embbark on an adventure around Hinode town for half a day in a private car. Hinode is a town in metropolitan Tokyo that nevertheless fosters rich nature, traditions, and culture.
- A half-day tour of Hinode-cho, a town that retains the charm and feel of old-fashioned Japanese lifestyle despite being in metropolitan Tokyo.
- Rest assured, we will provide you with a stress-free travel in a private car transfer departing from and returning to Shinjuku Station.
- Learn in-depth about the long-lived history behind the Japanese ninja’s existence and experience hands-on ninja training.
- Try out traditional Japanese washi-making, which is different from usual techniques of making washi (Japanese paper).
9:00-10:00 Meet at and depart from Shinjuku Station to Hinodemachi by private car (car fee already included)**
10:00-10:45 Visit the Great Buddha of Kano (included in tour fee)
10:45-11:00 Move to Samurai residence
11:00-12:00 Hinode Samurai Residence Ninja Experience
At the samurai residence, you will change into ninja clothes, train like a ninja with swords, learn how to use Fukiya (Japanese blowgun), and throw shuriken. Don't worry, we'll take memorable photos!
12:00-13:20 Lunch (transportation fee already included)
13:30-15:00 Hinode Washi (Japanese paper) making experience (fee already included in the tour cost)
We will make Washi and artwork using Washi
15:00-16:30 Return to Shinjuku Station and disband upon arrival
**Please note that while we do provide transportation during this experience, we ask that you be responsible for your own transportation to the meeting point from your residence.
This is a half-day, private tour to enjoy the charms of Hinode-cho, a tranquil suburb outside of Tokyo.
For transportation, we willl use a private car, providing transfer services to Hinode town from Shinjuku Station and back, so there will be no stress regarding luggage and train transfers.
The hustle and bustle of metropolitan Tokyo, with its brightly colored electronic screens and lively atmosphere, is a sight to behold in its own right. But it's also great to take a step back from the excitement and experience the traditional, more hidden parts of Japanese culture. Going to Hinode town is said to be like time-traveling because of the stark contrast between its classical, calming atmosphere and the modern, vibrant atmosphere of Tokyo, which is just about an hour away from Hinode town. You will train like a ninja in a samurai residence over 100 years old and experience Japanese papermaking using local, natural materials.
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Time：7.5 hours
- Least participants：1 person
- Meeting point：Shinjuku Station West Exit Underground, taxi stop
1-5 Nishi-Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160-0023
- Access：From the underground ticket gates on the Keio, Odakyu, and JR lines at Shinjuku Station, follow the directions to reach the taxi stop.
- Tour conductor for 24 hours：None
- Accompanying National Government Licensed Guide Interpreter or Local Licensed Guide Interpreter：None
- Language support：English (tour guide, hand-out), Japanese
- Meals (included in a tour fee)：Available（Breakfast: 0, Lunch: 1, Dinner: 0）
- Included：Private car transfer, Big Buddha admission fee, Ninja experience, lunch, Japanese paper making experience
- Free Wi-Fi：〇 Avaliable
- Toilet：〇（Western Style）
【TOUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS】
Before booking the tour, please confirm the Tour Terms & Conditions and save the document.
【TOUR PLANNER AND CONDUCTOR】
Regional Branding Institute Co.,Ltd.
Aqua Terrace UⅡ bldg. 8F, 2-20-3 Kaminarimon, Taiko-ku, Tokyo, 111-0034
Travel Agency registered with a Tokyo Governor 2-7547
A regular member of All Nippon Travel Agents Association
10 to 8 days before the departure date of the tour 20%
7 to 2 days before the departure date of the tour 30%
The day before the departure date of the tour 40%
On the day of the departure date of the tour 50%
After the tour departed, No show 100%