Premium Pottery Making Near Inuyama Castle
- Varighet: 180 Minutter (ca.)
- Lokasjon: Inuyama-shi, Aichi
- Produktkode: EN-AIC-7164-71640
【OUTLINE】Come and experience the potter's wheel and traditional painting in a warm and traditional family atmosphere near Inuyama Castle. The greatest part: in addition to your creation, is that you will also receive a luxurious matcha bowl made by a professional craftsman.
- Put your hands in the fresh clay and experience the potter wheel.
- Learn about Inuyama pottery painting, and design your own sake cup.
- Go back home with a luxurious match bowl, plus receive your own hand made pieces by the postback home!
- This cat lovers studio has many hidden gems for those who know where to look (some are alive!)
[10:00 - 13:00] Meet at the studio with the hosting family and receive an explanation about the long history of Inuyama ware and pottery making. As we prepare for the experience, discuss and decide on the kind of piece you want to make.
[10:20 - 13:20] First, we will start the pottery experience using a potter's wheel. It is definitely not as easy as it seems, but your teacher knows exactly how to teach so you will succeed! Do not worry about your skills: you have plenty of time to laugh and try again until your original cup, bowl, vase, or even sake bottle is done.
[11:20 -14:20] The next step is painting. Using the vivid natural paint characteristic of Inuyama pottery, design your unique creation. Thousands of traditional patterns are available for you to choose from, but original designs are also welcome! Both productions will be sent by the post after being dried and fired in the kiln.
[13:00 - 16:00] To finish your wonderful experience, you will have the chance to choose a luxurious piece made by the craftsman: Take a gorgeous matcha bowl home with you!
Inuyama pottery is characterized by its colorful paintings such as the Korin-style cherry blossoms and maple leaves and splendid red paintings. The production of Inuyama pottery is said to have begun in the middle of the 18th century. At this potter family studio, which has been operated since the mid-19th century, you can experience the charm of Inuyama pottery through this experience. In addition, the only remaining climbing kiln in Inuyama can be visited on the property.
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Duration：3 hours
- Meeting point：Aioi Studio 13, Inuyama Aioi, Inuyama-shi, Aichi-ken
- Access：Take Meitetsu Line from Meitetsu Nagoya Station and alight at Inuyama Station. It takes 15 minutes by car from the station.
- Language support：Japanese, English (additional fees apply)
- Included：Materials cost, Experience fee, International postage fee, & Master crafted matcha bowl.
- Free Wi-Fi：×
- Toilet：〇 (Western-style)
- Other things to note：Please wear clothes you do not mind getting dirty. (An apron and slippers can be borrowed.)
-Because of cats in the studio, please refrain from coming if you have severe animal allergies.
【HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES】
・Face masks required for travelers in public areas
・Face masks required for guides in public areas
・Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
・Social distancing enforced throughout the experience
・Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
・Gear/equipment sanitized between uses
・Guides required to regularly wash hands
7 to 4 days before the tour date 40% of the tour price
3 to 2 days before the tour date 60% of the tour price
The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling charges.