Koi farm guided tour in the sacred place of Nishikigoi
- Duration: 60 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Nagaoka city, Niigata
- Product code: EN-NGT-7156-71561
Nagaoka City in Niigata Prefecture is the representative place of production of Nishikigoi, which is called the swimming jewelry. A professional breeder who raises beautiful Koi in this sacred place of Nishikigoi gives you a guided tour to learn Nisikigoi.
You can learn about the depth of Koi, such as the types of Nishikigoi, how to raise them, and how to recognize beautiful Koi, as well as the world of the Koi business.
- In Nagaoka, the sacred place of Nishikigoi, you can visit a Koi farm that breeds beautiful Koi.
- You will be guided by a professional breeder who has won numerous awards at national competitions.
- While looking at various types and sizes of Koi, you can hear about how oraise them and the stories of Koi business.
(1) 10:00 - 11:00 The guide will show you around his Koi farm
(2) 11:00 - 11:30 Questions and answers while having tea with the breeder
Nagaoka City is a major production center for Nishikigoi, which is also known as a swimming jewel.
This is a guided tour conducted by a professional breeder who breeds beautiful Koi in a place called “a sacred place of Nishikigoi.” You can learn about the unknown story of Nishikigoi, such as the types of Nishikigoi, how to raise them, and how to recognize beautiful Koi, and also learn about the world of the Koi business.
In the summer, you can enjoy the beautiful scenery by visiting the outdoor koi growing in the outdoor pond.
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Time：60 minutes
- Meeting point：Nishikigoi Niigata Direct Co.,Ltd.
1709-1 Takiya-machi, Nagaoka city, 940-1138,
■ In the case of a car
20 minutes from Nagaoka Station by car.
■ By public transportation
JR Nagaoka station →JR Joetsu line Echigo-Takigaya station
10 minutes walk from the station
- Language support：English, Japanese
- Included：English speaking guide
- Excluded：Transportation from the station
- Participation requirements：None
※Some facility tours are not available for wheelchair users.
- Free Wi-Fi：×
- Toilet：〇 (Western style)
- Other things to note：
・Smoking is prohibited.
・High heels are prohibited (shoes are available for rent, but the number is limited)
・It is not possible to buy carp on this tour and take them home.
7 to 4 days before the tour date: 40% of the tour price
3 to 2 days before the tour date: 60% of the tour price
The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour: 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling charges.