Ukai Daytime Plan -- Witness Traditional Cormorant Fishing on the Kiso River
- Duration: 80 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Inuyama-city, Aichi
- Product code: EN-AIC-7219-72192
Enjoy a 1,300-year-old cormorant fishing daytime performance from a traditional boat on Kiso river, Inuyama.
- Witness the traditional cormorant fishing technique that can be traced back to 1,300 years ago.
- Watch skillful birds diving in shiny waters of the Kiso river to fish for their masters.
- From the boat, enjoy a unique view of Inuyama castle.
- Discover a historical place tightly linked to the great Japanese warlords Nobunaga, Hideyoshi, and Ieyasu.
[12:30] Meet at the dock.
[12:50] Recieve an explanation from the fisherman about the history of the ukai.
[13:00] Embark and begin sailing on the Kiso River.
[13:15] Cormorant fishing starts.
Ukai fishing starts when boarding is completed. Enjoy the view of the fishing rafts, only a few meters away from your spectator boat.
[13:35] End of the performance.
Take a look at the natural scenery while going back to the port.
First, meet the fisherman and your captain at the dock. Feel free to ask them questions about their jobs. Then you will take a seat in the spectator’s boat and enjoy the view while sailing upstream on the Kiso river, where the performance will begin.
The daytime performance allows you to see cormorants swimming seamlessly into the clear waters of the river. The fisherman will then give you more information and answer your questions. On your way back, take an unforgettable look at the majestic Inuyama castle, constructed on the top of the cliffed riverbank.
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Duration：80 minutes
- Meeting point：Kiso River Ukai Yuran [MAP]
2 Kitahakusanbira, Inuyama, Inuyama City, Aichi 484-0081
About a 3-minute walk from the east exit of "Inuyama Yuen" Station to the Kisogawa Ukai boarding area
A 25-minute drive from Komaki IC on the Meishin Expressway or Komaki Kita IC on the Nagoya Expressway
- Language support：Japanese, English（Guide）
- Included：Boarding fee, interpreter
- Excluded：food and drink
- Participation requirements：Over 4 years old
・Strollers are accessible.
・Infants are required to sit on laps.
- Free Wi-Fi：No
- Toilet：Yes (Western-style) ※At boarding area only. No toilets or drinkables are avaible on the boat.
- Other things to note：
· When reserving for more than 2 people, please apply for the option.
· Summer only plan, operated from 1st June to 15th October.
· In case of typhoons, heavy rain, or river flood, the plan will be cancelled. In that case, we will contact you by phone by the day before the experience.
【HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES】
・Face masks required for travelers in public areas
・Face masks required for guides in public areas
・Face masks provided for travelers as needed
・Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
・Social distancing enforced throughout the experience
・Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
・Gear/equipment sanitized between uses
・Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
・Guides required to regularly wash hands
・Regular temperature checks for staff
・Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
・Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
・Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
The day before the tour date: 50% of the tour price
On the day of the tour: 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling charges.