Oiran Makeover Photo Plan: Mixing Traditional and Modern Aesthetics
- Duration: 3 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Kyoto-shi, Kyoto
- Product code: EN-KYT-2029-20292
Turn into an Oiran (a Japanese courtesan from the 17th century) using a mix of modern and traditional aesthetics. Professionals will dress you and complete your makeup to create the perfect look. You will be able to choose your favorite kimono from a wide variety of specially selected kimonos. Not to mention you will get the best photos with our professional photographer that will take your photos at our specially-designed studio. You will also have the chance to take photos freely with your own camera. You will receive 8 photos stored on a CD-R on the same day.
- Choose your favorite kimono from a variety of well-selected photogenic Oiran kimonos.
- Transform into an Oiran with make-up and dressing by professional artists.
- Get photographed by a professional photographer at our studio specially designed with beautiful backgrounds for Oiran experience photos.
- Receive the data of 8 photos on a CD-R.
- This plan accepts everyone from 5 to 95 years old.
Visit→Oiran make-up→Kimono selection・Dressing→Photoshoot→Change→Photo selection→End
Oirans were Japanese courtesans and a fashion icon in the Edo Era (1603-1868). Allow our professional artists to transform you into a beautiful Oiran with modern Japanese taste. You can choose to be pretty, sexy, or anything in between with your choice of kimono. Show off your shoulders, or add a decorative neck piece to cover up; it’s your choice.
Our special photo studio has traditional paintings on sliding paper doors and folding screen by famous wall painting artist, Mr. Hideki Kimura. Not to mention, we feature antique hanging lanterns that will create a gorgeous backdrop. Enjoy modeling while striking various poses and get photographed by a professional. You can take your own photos that will liven up your SNS at the designated space inside our shop.
There is a place to wash your face and reapply make-up. Basic skin care items are ready for you to use.
From the photos taken, you can select 8 shots on a CD-R. Share your romantic Oiran pictures to your family and friends!
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Time：3 hours./1 person
- Meeting point：STUDIO YUMEKOUBOU Kyoto Head studio [MAP]
YUMEKOUBOU Bldg., 511 Minamimachi, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto 600-8232
A 7-minute walk from JR Kyoto Station
Leave the station from Chuo Exit northbound in the direction Kyoto Tower
Go towards Shimogyo-kuyakusho Ward Office
Located on Kizuyabashi-dori street
- Language support：English, Chinese
- Included ：Kimono・accessories・undershirt・tabi socks・wig・Oiran make-up・towel・cleansing product ・facial soap・lotion・milk lotion・drier・photos（8 shots stores in a CD-ROM）
- Participation requirements : 5 years old and over
- Other things to note：As obi belt is tighten in front of the abdomen, a pregnant woman cannot take part in the experience.
【HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES】
・Face masks required for travelers in public areas
・Face masks required for guides in public areas
・Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
7 to 4 days before the tour date 40% of the tour price
3 to 2 days before the tour date 60% of the tour price
The day before the tour date, On the day of the tour 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling charges.