Traditional Japanese Drum Experience in Asakusa
- Duration: 60 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: 東京都, 台東区
- Product code: EN-TKO-1054-10549
Learn more about Japanese traditional music through this "Wadaiko" (Japanese drum) experience! It is much more fun to play it rather than to just listen! Give it a try! Our instructor will explain how to play and you will try to play some simple songs at the end of the class! Feel the spirit of Japanese music and the heavy bass course through your body!
- Japanese drums have been used in various festivals and rituals throughout history. Experience Japanese culture from beating in the same fashion as many others before you.
- Receive detailed instruction from our skilled staff. (Beginners are welcome!)
- Perform with traditional costumes such as "Hanten" (Japanese short coat), "Haragake" (Japanese workmen’s apron), and "Momohiki" (long underpants). (additional charges apply)
- Enjoy powerful sounds and rhythms.
- Enjoy sightseeing at the surrounding tourist attractions after your experience.
Visit the shop → Get instruction→ Practice of Wadaiko → Challenge to play one song → Commemorative photo → Finish
Enjoy an authentic Wadaiko performance experience in Asakusa!
Wadaiko has been used for festivals and rituals since ancient times. The sound is strong and resonates so the strength and rhythm of the sound are easier to express. Anyone can enjoy playing it!
The instructor will teach you from the basics, so even if you have never played, you can learn it at ease. At the end of the experience, you will be able to play simple songs. Feel the strength of a powerful drum.
For an additional charge, there is also a "Japanese drum enjoying experience" where you can enjoy Japanese drums while wearing Japanese traditional costumes such as "Hanten" (Japanese short coat), "Haragake" (Japanese workmen’s apron), and "Momohiki" (long underpants).
We will help you to take some pictures of your Wadaiko performance on your camera or cell phone. Enjoy a wonderful cultural experience and create special memories of your time in Asakusa.
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Time：60 minutes
※Please come at least 10 minutes before your reservation time. If you are late, it may be difficult to join the program.
- Meeting point：The venue is located near Asakusa Kaminarimon.
We will let you know where it will be held after you make a reservation, so please be there 5 minutes before the experience.
- Language support：English
- Included：Wadaiko rental, performance guidance, commemorative photo (Please bring your own camera)
- Excluded：Japanese drum costume
- Participation requirements：6 years or older. Please wear clothes suitable for light exercise.
- Free wi-fi：6 years or older
Please wear clothes suitable for light exercise.
- Other things to note：
・ Because of the loud sound, it will be carried out at a place other than the Jidaiya.
・ Please come in clothes that are easy to move around in.
・ We will propose the implementation method individually according to the request such as the number of people and VIP customers.
【HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES】
・Face masks required for travelers in public areas
・Face masks required for guides in public areas
・Face masks provided for travelers as needed
・Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
・Social distancing enforced throughout the experience
・Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
・Gear/equipment sanitized between uses
・Guides required to regularly wash hands
・Regular temperature checks for staff
・Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
・Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
・Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
・Contactless ticket redemption
7 to 4 days before the tour date: 40% of the tour price
3 to 2 days before the tour date: 60% of the tour price
The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour: 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling charges.